Thursday, February 21, 2019

#52Ancestors - FAMILY PHOTO - Who's Who?

Family Photo


I haven't done a very good job of organizing my ancestral photos.  My computer has a folder called "Family Pictures and Info" where I dump everything I find.  Of course, I always mean to go back to sort and label.  But that hasn't happened yet.  That's how I ended up with this series of photos with the following tags:


Levi Byram Hammon family

Hammon Family 1940s


Hammon Sisters

Sadly, I don't even know where I got these pictures from though I am assuming I took them from either Ancestry.com or FamilySearch.com.  I am fairly confident that they are the same family and I vaguely remember that at one point my mother told me who these people were.  There is one thing I do know - the man in the middle photo with the hat (in the middle of the top row) is my grandfather.  But, of course, I don't know how I know that.  

After some review on FamilySearch, here's what I found out:

Top Photo
Front Rose: Martha Jane Belnap, Levi Byram Hammon, Polly
Middle Row: D Glenn (my grandfather), Jane, Lettie, Frank
Back Row: Amasa, Rhoda, Robena, Ethel
I am grateful to the contributor  who added this information.  I found several copies of this picture but there was only ONE person who added the names.

Middle Photo
This photo was labeled Frank Hammon's Brothers & Sisters - August 1937 by a contributor on FamilySearch.  Now I'll just need some amazing facial recognition skills to figure the rest out.

I haven't yet found out which sister is which in the last photo.  Time to turn to Ancestry - wish me luck.  So PLEASE when you upload a photo, identify as much as you can of people, place and time.  If you do, I promise to keep a record of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment